Tuesday 28 April 2009

VOR: ERICSSON 4 LEG SIX DAY 11 QFB: 21.04.09 1504 GMT

by Dave Endean (pitman)

It’s another really nice day on Ericsson 4 - the sun is out and the sea is flat - the only issue is the soft spots in the wind from the sucking clouds.

We had a good run last night and are certainly keeping it exciting for ourselves onboard with the battle between Ericsson 3, PUMA and ourselves continuing.
This morning we spotted our sistership on the horizon and have been living the bearing gains and losses ever since.

I’m really looking forward to Boston as in the absence of a stop in NZ I count the city as my home - my wife is a true Massachusetts princess and we have shared many great times in town, so its bound to be a great time catching up with my family and many friends in the area.

I’m also hoping to catch the Red Sox and Celtics whilst in town plus feasting on lobster and shrimp.

The next few days will probably drag on a little but wind is due and there is a chance of a bumpy ride in - but this will make the arrival even better, especially if we can drag Telefónica Blue into the fight and come out on top.

Volvo Ocean Race

No comments: