Saturday 18 July 2009

Audi MedCup: Cagliari Day 1 from Paul Cayard


Audi MedCup Region of Sardegna Trophy 2008. Image copyright Ian Roman/Audi MedCup.

by Paul Cayard

Got into Cagliari at 2300 last night after 30 hours flying from Honolulu. The flights went well it was just that there were four of them. My bags did not get lost because I did not check any. So all good there.

This morning I woke up at 0430 local time. Just could not get back to sleep. We went sailing for three hours to check some new sails. They all looked good.

I am back at the hotel, took a shower, and am just sitting in the AC. It is 37C out side which is about 98F and it is 1730.

I have to go get a new SIM card but I am waiting for an hour before venturing outside.

Mistral is forecast for tomorrow. If this happens, it could blow 30 knots plus which would probably keep us at the dock for the day.

Dinner is at 2000 and then I will crash pretty hard I am sure.

A domani.

Cayard Sailing
Audi MedCup

No comments: