Saturday 21 February 2009

VOR: TELEFÓNICA BLUE LEG FIVE DAY 7 QFB: received 20.07.09 0303 GMT

by Simon Fisher

Not much has changed here on Telefónica Blue in the last 24 hours, apart from at some stage last night someone turned the wetness up to 11 on the dial! Throw in a couple of hours of driving rain that we got this morning and you wouldn't look too out of place in a snorkel and flippers! I've just come off deck and my hands look like I fell asleep in the bath for 10 hours and my lips feel like I have just eaten and entire bucket of salty popcorn...

We are still making good speed though and have reason to celebrate a little today as we have gone ahead of Green Dragon in the rankings. Although it does not mean too much at this stage with so far to go it is a nice moral booster and just reward for all the fast scheds we had through the night.

Below deck is a little bumpy right now, making moving around and going about your daily business an interesting challenge. Next up is the attempt to eat a bowl of Mexican chicken without throwing it all down my front! After that I will continue to experiment on the best way to dry out my socks. Every time I hang them out they seem to end up wetter than when I took them off!! Finally it is going to be a little bit of iPod in my bunk and then a nice siesta... all in all a nice afternoon in the Pacific Ocean.

Volvo Ocean Race

No comments: