Sunday, 7 June 2009
Adam Minoprio and BlackMatch Racing are the current 2009 World Match Racing Tour leaders. Image copyright Gareth Cooke/SubZero Images.
Consistency is the name of the game when it comes to the World Match Racing Tour. Adam Minoprio and BlackMatch Racing have achieved that best over the first three events of the 2009 World Match Racing Tour, and are at the head of the leaderboard. One point behind, after top three finishes, including a win, in just two events, is TEAMORIGIN's Ben Ainslie.
Last year's winner, Ian Williams, is fourth, behind last year's third-placed Mathieu Richard. Damien Iehl, after a 2nd and 4th from competing in just two events, is fifth. Paolo Cian and Peter Gilmour, also competitors at only two of the events so far in 2009, are 6th and 7th, with Torvar Mirsky in 8th place.
However, there's still a long way to go. The best five results on the 2009 Tour count for the final overall result, together with the last event, the Monsoon Cup, in Malaysia.
World Match Racing Tour Provisional Leaderboard after 3 events in 2009 (top 8 places)
1. Adam Minoprio (ETNZ/BlackMatch Racing) NZL 41pts
2. Ben Ainslie (TEAMORIGIN) GBR 40pts
3. Mathieu Richard (French Match Racing Team) FRA 36pts
4. Ian Williams (Bahrain Team Pindar) GBR 34pts
5. Damien Iehl (French Match Racing Team) FRA 32pts
6. Paolo Cian (Team Shosholoza) ITA 31pts
7. Peter Gilmour (YANMAR Racing) AUS 23pts
8. Torvar Mirsky (Mirsky Racing Team) AUS 21pts
World Match Racing Tour