Thursday 13 May 2010

Dan Slater in Croatia for Finn dinghy Europeans

by Jodie Bakewell-White

Dan Slater is in Croatia for the 2010 Finn European Championship which has attracted record entries. Racing was due to get underway last night, but a lack of wind prevented that.

“It’s been a while since I have been back in the Finn but the last four days I have been in Split, Croatia training for the Europeans which were to start today,” reports Slater.

“It has been really good to get back into the scene and start a campaign for the Worlds later in the year. I am using this regatta to try a few things I have been working on in New Zealand over the summer but we haven’t really been able to test them against others.”

“This regatta has 110 Finns all sailing as one fleet so I’m looking forward to getting back on the start line again and seeing how I go. I don’t have high expectations as I have done so little Finn sailing in the last eight months but I shouldn’t be too bad.”

“Today we waited most of the day for wind that never came so the day was cancelled and we will start early tomorrow and sail three races.”

Note from SailRaceWin: We are covering this event on the website and Twitter.

Finn Europeans 2010
Yachting New Zealand