Thursday 24 March 2011

Vincenzo Onorato's letter to Melges 32 Class Owners




Napoli, 23rd March 2011

Dear friends,

I’m very sorry to not have seen you in Naples, I envied you very much for the fantastic races you had in my hometown.

I personally apologize if we did not attend the price giving. This was not a lack of appreciation towards yourselves, with wich I share the passion of this wonderful sport, but an open challenge against the organizing club, and more generally against Audi.

The club has opposed the opening of our sailing school for disadvantaged children living in the slums and Audi has not honored its contractual obligation paying the sponsorship for the Louis Vuitton Trophy that was due to us.

We will not take part to any award of the circuit until Audi will settle his debt.

I share with you however the best part, which is the challenge at sea.

Fair wind!

Vincenzo Onorato

Mascalzone Latino